Court Hears Communication Claims in case against Pastor Kayanja.
The Mwanga II Magistrates Court on Thursday heard fresh communication testimony from police digital forensic investigator Enock Kanene, who told court that investigators recovered deleted messages and videos allegedly linked to Robert Kayanja and one of the accused persons in the ongoing criminal case against the Pastor.
The hearing, presided over by Magistrate Adam Byarugaba, while Defense lawyer was Hamfrey Tumwesigye.
A testimony from Kanene, a police forensic investigator attached to the case. Under cross-examination by defense lawyers, confirmed that investigators analyzed WhatsApp communications and allegedly recovered deleted digital material linked to the case.
Kanene told court that some videos allegedly originated from a phone contact saved as “MZEE,” which investigators associated with Pastor Kayanja, before being sent to Reagan Ssentongo, one of the accused persons.
He further testified that the videos were later deleted but were retrieved using digital forensic tools.
The prosecution and defense teams repeatedly clashed during the session over the admissibility and interpretation of the digital evidence, prompting several objections from both sides.
Defense lawyer Bernard Mugyenyi questioned Kanene about the authenticity of the recovered material, including how deleted files were allegedly traced and restored. Kanene maintained that investigators used advanced forensic technology capable of identifying deleted content, sender information, and communication history.
According to Kanene, the group allegedly contained controversial messages and multimedia exchanges connected to the ongoing case.
During the proceedings, Mugyenyi further questioned Kanene about his professional qualifications and his working relationship with fellow investigator Hillary Musiime. Kanene defended their credentials, telling court that both are certified government forensic investigators operating under the Ministry of Internal Affairs.
At one point, prosecutor Jonathan Muwaganya sought permission to re-examine Kanene after arguing that new details had emerged during cross-examination concerning the deleted videos. Defense lawyers objected, insisting no new evidence had been introduced.
Magistrate Byarugaba ultimately allowed the prosecution to continue questioning the witness.
Kanene later told court that forensic systems can establish whether deleted videos were shared privately or through group platforms, though he said he could not explain why the alleged videos were deleted.
The case was adjourned to 3rd June 2026 for further hearing.
What's Your Reaction?
Like
0
Dislike
0
Love
0
Funny
0
Angry
0
Sad
0
Wow
0