You can now grab the Galaxy Z Fold 2’s October update in the US
The rollout comes later than usual for US users this time around.
Welcome to the Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 2 update hub. Here you’ll find the latest information on updates to Samsung’s flagship foldable phone. We’ll detail the current software versions for the device and alert you if there’s a new update rolling out. Samsung usually pushes out One UI updates regularly, but availability may be affected by variant, carrier, and region.
- Current stable version: Android 11
- When will the Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 2 get Android 12? Late 2021 (Estimated)
Latest Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 2 updates
October 21, 2021: Three weeks after South Korean users gained access to the October security update, users in the US can now grab the patch on unlocked models. Notably, carrier-locked models started receiving the update earlier this week. According to SamMobile, the update brings firmware version F916U1UES2EUI3 which includes a laundry list of Samsung patches, as well as Google’s October security fixes.
To check if an update is available, head to Settings > Software updates on your device.
Previous Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 2 updates
- October 1, 2021: South Korean users gained firmware version F916NKSU1DUI4 which also included the October 2021 Android security patch.
- September 24, 2021: The September patch rolled out alongside firmware F916BXXS2EUI for global Galaxy Z Fold 2 models.
- August 31, 2021: Samsung rolled out a major update to the Galaxy Z Fold 2 in the form of One UI 3.1.1. The UI refresh for foldable phones, brought improved multitasking functionality, a dedicated taskbar, aspect ratio tweaks, and more. The August 2021 security update was also lumped in.
- July 26, 2021: The foldable phone received a key update that fixed Android Auto functionality for several users, according to SamMobile. The patch included the July security update with firmware version F916BXXU1DUF1.
- June 18, 2021: Samsung rolled out the June 2021 security patch, with firmware version F916USQS1DUE3.
- May 4, 2021: Samsung delivered the May 2021 security patch for the Galaxy Z Fold 2, according to All About Samsung. The update wore build number F916BXXU1DUDA and brought a Dual Recording to the front and rear cameras, improved Quick Share, and improved camera performance.
- March 15, 2021: The foldable received the March 2021 Android security patch. Per SamMobile, the update (firmware version F9160ZCS1DUC1) first rolled out in China with several fixes.
- January 20, 2021: Verizon rolled out stable Android 11 to the Galaxy Z Fold 2. It arrived with the December 2020 security patch rather than the January 2021 patch, however.
- January 11, 2021: Samsung finally pushed out a stable version of the One UI 3.0 update to the Galaxy Z Fold 2. According to SamMobile, the Android 11-based update (version F916BXXU1CTLL) included the January 2021 security patch.
- December 3, 2020: A update with firmware version F916BXXS1BTK1 delivered the December 2020 security patch to the foldable.